The following situations or activities are considered to be potential workplace risks:
Every site or department should perform an initial assessment to identify its particular workplace security issues. If that assessment determines university employees are at significant risk, the responsible manager or supervisor should contact the Facilities Department for additional information and training.
- Working alone at night and during the early morning hours
- Exchange of money
- Presence of valuable items such as money or jewelry
- Availability of prescription drugs
- Working with patients, clients, customers or students known or suspected to have a history of violence
- Employees or former employees with a history of assaults or who exhibit belligerent, intimidating or threatening behavior