In the case of biological event:
- Go to or stay inside the building.
- Do not use elevators.
- Shut and lock all windows and doors.
- Turn off the heat, air conditioning or ventilation system, if you have local controls for these systems. Most University buildings have ventilation systems controlled centrally by Facilities or the landlord.
- Quickly locate supplies you may need, e.g., food, water, radio, etc. Each CityU site has an inventory of emergency supplies.
- If possible, go to a room or corridor where there are no windows. In the event of a chemical release, go to an above-ground level of the building, since some chemicals are heavier than air and may seep into basements even if the windows are closed.
- If possible, monitor for additional information via the main University web page, radio or television for further instructions.
- Do not call (9) 9-1-1 unless you are reporting a life-threatening situation.