Electronic lockdown operation (5th and Wall – Seattle location)
- CityU in Seattle has the capability to electronically shut down elevators and restrict access to the building.
- One (1) roll up garage door
- Four (4) access doors
- This system is accessed via a swipe card system, on any of the CityU facilities exterior swipe card points.
- These cards are kept at the Receptionist desk, the Director of Facilities’ desk, and a representative in the Library area.
- Building Engineer / Property Management also have the ability to lock the facility down manually via the computer system.
- The system will be tested on a semi-annual basis to ensure its operability.
- Three levels of lockdown will be utilized to protect the employees, students, faculty, students, and visitors from threats.
LEVEL GREEN: There is a NO THREAT level to the facility or occupants.
- Normal day to day operations
LEVEL YELLOW: There is a threat in the area or information is presented that a local event could potentially affect City University. This level is designed to keep unauthorized personnel out of the facility.
- Examples include: an event occurs in immediate local area, a fugitive is thought to be in the area, threatening protests/demonstrations, above average reports of theft & break-ins, multiple arrests at adjacent facilities, etc.
- CityU will utilize the Yellow card to:
- Lock ALL exterior doors
- Post a guard at main entrance
- Place signs at entrances to notify personnel to utilize the main entrance
- Make announcements to all employees
- Employees can still utilize their badges to access the facility – all hours. (if they have that level of access under normal conditions). Note: Do not allow tailgaters to follow you into the building – confront and report. Exiting the building should be avoided during these times
- Office activity will remain normal
- Supervisors should account for personnel at all times
- Screening of individuals will be conducted for people entering and exiting the facility
- All personnel will be screened to ensure they are authorized to enter
- No deliveries will be accepted. Delivery operators will be instructed to redeliver the following day
- All supplies entering and exiting the facility will be checked
LEVEL RED: There is a direct threat to City University or its employees, faculty, students, and/or visitors
- Examples Include: an active shooter, hostage situation, direct knowledge of planned threatening event, etc.
- Level RED Lockdown is a Life Saving Safety measure – there will be no screening unless accomplished by Law enforcement officials.
- Elevators will automatically lock down to prevent access from lower levels.
- Stop Office Activity
- CityU will inform everyone in the building of the threat - loud speaker, email, alert system, and verbally.