Frequently Asked Questions
Who is CampusCruiser?
- Campus web portal
- Online learning management system (LMS)
- Academic alert system for student retention
- Online course/faculty evaluation system
- Campus emergency/non-emergency alert/notification system
CampusCruiser.com is an online information delivery platform provided to educational institution users who agree to be bound by this terms and conditions.
How does CampusCruiser handle my personal information and privacy?
TCC collects no personally identifying information regarding individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by the individual user. Under no circumstances will users' personal information be given to any other party unless otherwise stated at the time of collection or as required by law. We will never share your e-mail address with other third parties without your prior opt-in.
What are "Cookies" and how do I enable them to log in?
How do I change my password?
Navigating this site
How is the site set up? / How do I know where to go?
Click the link on the navigation you want to view and you will be taken to the appropriate page.
TIP: You may notice a "Navigation Trail" that displays at the top of each page, below the tab menu bar. This trail acts like breadcrumbs; they show your location on the site, as you move to pages on different levels. When you click on a breadcrumb in your trail, you will be taken back to that page.
What is my Quickbar?
What is the Dashboard?
For example, the "Campus Announcements" channel or the school "Calendar" channel will display important messages and events relevant to your school. And, if you belong to a club or committee, you will probably see your "My Clubs" or "My Committees" channels that display important information and messages from specific communities of which you are a member.
It's possible that you may be able to personalize your Dashboard page, depending on your campus policies. It's also possible that the channels of information on your dashboard will be "sticky", which means you cannot change them. You may be able to add additional channels by clicking the gear setting.
TIP: Even when your dashboard is locked down or the channels are sticky, you can always create additional Dashboard tabs of your ownÃ¢â‚¬â€�by clicking the "add" symbol to the right of your Dashboard tab. It's fun personalizing them with channels and information important to you.
Why do I sometimes get logged out automatically?
Also, setting a refresh rate will tell the system to automatically update the information on the page, so you will not get "timed out" for inactivity. You can set an automatic refresh rate for your Dashboard and your E-mail.
- Refresh E-mail rate in the "settings" feature.
- Refresh Dashboard rate in the "customize settings" button.
How do I log into my classes?
What are my "personal tools"?
- E-mail - read and send important messages from your school e-mail account.
- Calendars - view school events and sync it with other personal calendars.
- Tasks - make your own "To Do" list, include assignments and school events.
- Address Book - keep your important contacts all in one place.
- My Files - works like a flash drive, access documents and files from any computer, anytime.
- Pages - provides a venue for you to create pages and content accessible by the public.
- Bookmarks - store and access all your favorite website and Internet resources.
- Photo Albums - upload and view your own personal photos.
- Blog - create and share your own personal blog.
- Profile - includes all your account information, including picture, contact info, password, etc.
How do I subscribe to campus-related alert messages?
In the CruiserAlert page, simply, complete your Alert profile with the appropriate contact information, and subscribe to available channels you want to receive alerts from, displayed in the "CruiserAlert Channels" tab.