City University of Seattle is an educational community bound by commons standards of conduct. The University recognizes that in order to fulfill its mission it must provide an educational environment that is free from discriminatory practices. City University of Seattle considers sex discrimination in all its forms to be a serious offense. This policy refers to all forms of sex discrimination including but not limited to: unfair treatment based on sex, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, and sexual violence by students, employees, or third parties.
In compliance with Title IX, the University provides:
- A statement of expectations for behavior with regard to University standards;
- Resources aimed at reducing the risk of sexual violence and sexual harassment, including educational programs for staff, faculty and students;
- Procedural interventions to offer support and information following a report of sexual violence or sexual harassment; and
- Student conduct and employee disciplinary procedures that address the needs of victims or survivors and protect the rights of alleged assailants.
To ensure the safety of the University community, which includes all staff, faculty, students, interns, volunteers, University-affiliated board members and visitors, offenders of this policy may be subject to appropriate campus adjudication processes through the appropriate City University of Seattle policy. All reported instances of sexual discrimination will be investigated and appropriate disciplinary, criminal, and/or legal action will be taken.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Investigation:
- Investigation and resolution of allegations of sexual discrimination and harassment involving university employees, and related information and assistance are available by contacting the Director of Human Resources.
- Investigation and resolution of allegations of sexual harassment involving university students, and related information and assistance are available by contacting the Vice President of Student Services or the Title IX Coordinator.
- Investigation and resolution of allegations of regarding student conduct involving university students, and related information and assistance related to student rights and responsibilities, are available by contacting the VP of Student Services.