- Sprinkler systems and water flow detection devices are present in all buildings. Water flow in these devices is monitored by an emergency dispatch center and automatically triggers a response.
- Smoke detectors are also provided in all buildings.
- Manually activated fire alarm pull stations are located at exit points in buildings.
- If any sprinkler, heat detector, or pull station is activated, an alarm will sound throughout the building. Some smoke detectors will also activate the building alarm.
- Elevator Fire Control may cause the building elevators to come to a halt at the main floor upon activation of the fire alarm system. The elevators can be accessed by emergency personnel using a key override. DO NOT attempt to use the elevators to evacuate any building.
- Emergency pathway lighting is provided in some buildings. The lighting will activate automatically in a power failure and last for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Illuminated exit signs are provided throughout the buildings.
KNOW THE LOCATIONS OF FIRE ALARMS.
KNOW WHERE THE FIRE EXITS ARE LOCATED AND ENSURE
THEY ARE FREE OF OBSTRUCTIONS